CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Alright, I finally finished The Deathly Hallows on Thursday. What a bad HP fan I must be to take 6 whole days to read it! I'm not going to put my thoughts in too much detail because I wouldn't want to spoil it for anybody, and because my husband will read this and I won't tell him what happens. All I will say is, I loved it. It took awhile for it all to sink in, but it is a great book. I can't wait to see what else she writes. She says that nothing will ever be like Harry Potter and she is probably right, but she is still a great author and I'm sure that whatever she writes will be great.

I'm going to try some new Italian recipes this week. I got a cook book from the library and I really want to keep it! I am really excited about trying them. I was a little overwhelmed, looking through it and trying to pick one to try so I let Chris pick a couple. He picked about 4 and I went with two of them that seemed pretty simple. I am really happy with the ones that he picked, too, because they were some of the ones that seemed the best to me. I need to find a good garden vegetable sauce recipe to try too so I can trick my daughter (and my husband) into eating more vegetables. I am really excited to try some of the soup recipes, but I think I will wait until cooler weather for the soup. I am just going to have to get this book or one like it. Ya to trying new things!

My daughter has been playing restaurant lately and yesterday she served me cherry pie for dinner, something called cacalou- which is cooked fish with a cherry inside- for desert along with chocolate soup. After I 'ate' the fish, though, she told me it had gone bad so I didn't give her any money.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! that fish sounds good! chocolate soup doesnt sound too aweful, though. You really should have paid her, i mean she did work really hard to prepare such fancy food for you! its your own fault that it went bad, you shouldnt have waited so long to eat it!! i bet she'll be as good a cook as her aunt! hehe

Beck said...

"Cacalou". Sounds deeelicious!
I STILL do not have a copy of The Deathly Hallows. Oh, the suffering.

Belle said...

Hi Cyndi...I found you via beck's blog...I too am a big HP fan...I LOVED the new book...but I still like the Goblet of Fire best...not sure why...hope to she you around.