CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun weekend

This weekend was such a nice, relaxing one. I went out with a friend for coffee on Saturday and then just sat around the house with my family the rest of the day. I don't know what it is about going out with a friend with out (most) of my family that recharges me so much. I pretty much have to bring Isaac along with me where ever I go since he is nursing ALL THE TIME. Even though while we were out we were pretty much talking about our families, the time away makes it so nice to go home and see them again. It's like taking a nice deep breath of fresh air.

Then on Sunday, we went to church. Lillian was so happy to see her Sunday School teacher after going out of town last week and not getting to see her. She was so excited and I have to admit, I was too. I miss my church when we are gone. Also, this Sunday was the first in our brand new sanctuary. It was so pretty and light and roomy. I think the best thing about it, though (besides the better air conditioning), was that it was almost full. I think that really is special, to open a new building and the first week be able to fill it up. We had a nice dinner after the service and I ate some wonderful peach cobbler because as everyone knows, church dinners are always the absolute best! After church, we all went home and took a nap. Lillian in her bed and the rest of us on the couch cuddled together. Then, we went to the splash park so that Lillian could run around but when we got there, she decided it would be better to run to the park and then back to us on the bench so that she was back about every 30 seconds. My husband had to actually go out and get her wet before she would play.

So now, it's Monday and my husband is back at work and I have to catch up on all of the house work that I neglected over the weekend which now that I look around isn't too much, really. Mostly my nemesis, laundry. My daughter decided she wanted to take a shower and my son is napping. I think I will take advantage of the quiet and be lazy a little more while I wait for the dryer and try to catch up on my reading.

0 comments: