CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 3

No weight loss to report for this morning. I was thinking of weighing myself again before bed but I want to stick with my rule of weighing in the morning. I do have some good news, a pair of pants that I couldn't button a few weeks ago fit nicely today. Well, still a little snug but I could wear them. These are pants that fit great last summer and a few weeks ago had a big way to go to fitting. I am looking forward to trying a few other things on.

There is a great article today at cbn.com about juice fasting. There are a few recipes as well. That was encouraging to read right now. I am hungry right now. Probably the most that I have been so far. It isn't anything that I can't handle. It is so different than how I usually feel when I am hungry. If I didn't eat for a while I would get very shaky and VERY grouchy. Right now, though, in spite of a few tummy rumblings I feel pretty great.

My arms and legs felt sore today and still felt weak. I had a nice nap this afternoon while the kids were in their rooms and it helped a lot. I have been reading that the 3rd or 4th day is the worst. So either today was it and I am past it or tomorrow will be. Either way I can tell things are going to be fine. I did not have much trouble today with the temptation of food at all.

And I know now what a temptation it was. There was an obedience problem that is coming to light. I have been given stewardship over this body, this house, and this family. I have not been properly taking care of any of that. I need to take care of my body and not indulge in whatever craving I have at the moment. That is not God's plan for me or my body. This body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I need to treat it like it is.

So, I am going to keep going with this. I am actually enjoying the process. I am enjoying learning so much about myself, even in these few short days. I can't believe how much I thought about food. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

Breakfast:
1 mango (minus a few pieces for the kids)
enough pineapple to fill up the glass

Dinner:
2 carrots
1/4 cucumber
1 lemon

3 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Wow! You go girl! You can do it, and I'm sure you will! It really does make a big difference when you start fitting into clothes, you really start wanting to lose weight then. Keep up the good work!

The Army of Allmans said...

Way to go! So I guess MOPS wasn't too hard for you...I will have to find that recipe on cbn. Keep it up and those pant will fall off you!

The Army of Allmans said...

Hey thanks for that article - EXACTLY what I needed to hear about disease and getting it out of your system. Linked back to your blog- that okay?