CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My crazy computer finally died. May it rest in pieces. My husband bought me a snazzy new one so I am finally back.

Just to recap the rest of my diet/detox, I ended up going for 10 days. The last few days I only drank 1 glass of juice the entire day. I just wasn't hungry. Eventually, though, I just couldn't take it any more. I had to chew something. It started to get to me, so I ended it.

I feel like 10 days was an accomplishment that I can be proud of. I fell short of my goal by 4 days but for my first time at this, I am proud of myself. I am already planning on doing another one soon.

I ended up loosing 12 pounds. I have gained back 4 since I started eating again, which is what I expected to happen. Once you eat solid food again, you will naturally gain back 3-5 pounds.

The biggest change that I have noticed is that I get full so fast! I will sit down with the amount of food I am used to eating and I can't finish it. I think the cause of this is first, my stomach is smaller than before. That sounds weird, but when we are used to stuffing our selves (not that I did that. *ahem*) our stomach gets larger and it takes more food to feel full. So my stomach went back to the size it should be, or at least closer to it.

The second thing is, I have learned to read my body better. I know when I am full and can stop eating and when I just want something. Also, when I want something, it is probably water that I am wanting.

I just want to leave you with this recipe. I have eaten this for lunch this week and I look forward to it every day. It is so good you will feel like you are eating something naughty when it is SUPER good for you.

Veggie Wrap

spread:
1/2 block cream cheese (this is enough for several wraps)
Tb sun dried tomato pesto

mix together and spread over tortilla or flat bread

mix:
1 shredded carrot
1/4 shredded and peeled cucumber
shredded Monterrey jack cheese
diced tomato

put a generous amount on tortilla. Add a large handful of fresh spinach leaves and roll.

You can do this wrap SO many different ways. It is the spread that makes it. I also added some bean sprouts. You could add some turkey or even grilled chicken. Trust me- make this today!

4 comments:

Becky said...

MMmmm. Those sound yummo.

Good for you on 10 days!

I was so inspired by your success that I began reading up on juice fasting, too. Jeff just couldn't go the juice only thing (he gets migraines from that). It happened that I came across a book on Raw foods. The gal who wrote the book routinely purees her raw veggies instead of juicing them, leaving the fiber in most of the time. The recipes she put in there are really good (so far), especially the 'soup', which tastes like soupy guacamole. You then dice other veggies into the top of it to give it more substance. It's helped my husband stay on track with the "biggest loser" contest at his work.

Good job, Cyndi!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I'm so proud of you for lasting 10 days, that is quite the accomplishment! I'd have been lucky to last 10 minutes! I like to chew things way too much.

I'm so going to try that wrap, sounds delicious!

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

10 days is amazing, Cyndi!

My SIL makes a dip out of cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes. It is SO good! I will have to try this wrap thing, sounds delish.

The Army of Allmans said...

Glad you will be back on here more! Proud of your ten days- that is awesome for your first time! Wrap sounds yummy, will have to try it. Wish my hubby would get me a new computer!