CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Right now, the ham is finished, the potatoes are cooking, and my husband is upstairs playing with the kids. Pretty good life.

We decided, since my husband has to work in the morning, that we would stay home for Thanksgiving this year, so this is my first time making a holiday meal on my own. I opted out for the turkey because, well, my husband asked for ham. We are having a jammie day and just hanging out.

My pies turned out fine, but not really very pretty. I was trying to boil the potatoes and they never would start boiling. The coil on my stove went out this morning. Great timing!

But my son likes the cranberry sauce. My kids are doing a puzzle with their dad while some years we have just waited for a 15 minute phone call from him from somewhere far away. We have a warm house and more than enough food. Lillian is enjoying the Macy's parade. I have more blessings than I deserve.

6 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

It sounds like you have much to be thankful for this year Cyndi! Isn't that a blessing?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! We really missed you all today, but are very glad that you all had a dreat time and were able to make memories and traditions with each other. I love youall so much! Happy Thanksgiving!!


Sorry I didnt call you back!! I'll call you friday!!

The Army of Allmans said...

Great post- glad you had a good day. Wish we could have seen each other! Lanessa

Becky said...

Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Dan being home was just about tops on my thankful list too. I poached a turkey breast this year and made no pie, sweet potatoes or stuffing, so we were pretty untraditional here too. Miss you!! Darlene

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh what a great way to spend your holiday! Hope you had a great weekend!

Steph