CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My poor baby was sick today. Of course it would happen on the crazy warm day we had today. It was supposed to be 73 degrees here today! So no riding bikes or playing at the park. We spent the entire morning in front of the television. This is the first time my daughter in her 4 years of life has been sick with the stomach flu. That is a good thing because I can't handle it very well. Cleaning sick up off of the bathroom floor is enough to make me want to jump ship- and be sick myself. I don't know how she does it, but by this evening you would never know anything was ever wrong except for the pink shirt, purple pants and yellow socks she was wearing. I think for her the worst part of the day was having to miss school. She cried when I told her she would have to stay home.

Today was one of those days that you don't really imagine when you don't have kids. The day when you have planned to run errands while your daughter is happily playing dolly house with her best friend. Errands that MUST be done today. Perhaps stopping by for a coffee on the way home. Or a cranberry limeade. Instead you are at home cleaning up puke from a green child while a baby is on the floor outside of the bathroom screaming because he wants to come in, too. Then spending the rest of the afternoon nursing a baby to sleep just to have him wake up and cling to you the moment you put him in bed. Hey, Isaac- you aren't a newborn anymore! You are 10 months old! Go. To. Sleep!

Then around four o'clock everyone wakes up cheerful and hungry and the horrors of the afternoon forgotten. We went to Wal-Mart with Lillian in her crazy clothes and finished my errands. We even stopped and got a cranberry limeade.

5 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Aww, I always feel bad for sick kids. And parents of sick kids. I'm going to have a hard time with the vomit-cleaning thing too...but I'll do it. For my little boy. :)

Glad everyone's feeling better, mom included.

Beck said...

Poor you - days like that are awful. But just think of how great today will be in comparison!

Anonymous said...

It does sound like you had a very crazy day! Chaotic, more like. I'm glad to hear that all is well and "forgotten". Sorry you had to go through that, and sorry your baby was so sick. Now you know how your mom feels when she had to clean up your messes for all those years!! Glad to say I've not experienced those fun filled moments yet!! But i would gladly except them if God so plans for me to!

Kelly said...

I hate those days when the kids are sickos!

Blog said...

Ooo. That sounds like a really rough day!

I hope you've had a nice Christmas after all that!